It was fantastic going to the MA exhibition at Chelsea College of Arts in both the cookhouse and the triangle space. When walking around the two exhibition spaces it allowed me to become very inspired and influenced by the artists work. Through looking at the paintings, photography, video, film, sculpture etc. It allowed me to connect well with the work and see another side of the art world . It was lovely seeing the freshness, originality, symbolism and focusing on a variety of themes such as, landscape, communication, design, personal qualities etc. It was great to see how each piece of artwork connected well with one another due to the way that it was placed. The exhibition allowed me to question myself into ideas such as,
- What types of themes would I like to work on more ?
- What types of materials and processes would I like to use to present a particular theme that I may be interested in?
- What theme would I like to approach in an unusual way?
- What things would I like to stand out more within my project?
Furthermore over the weekend I went to the 2015 Sony awards photography exhibition at Somerset House. I loved that exhibition because of the way that so many themes where coming up each time you entered a room in Somerset House. It was great looking at different photographers from the Youth Awards, professional photographers, futuristic photographers, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photographers etc. By analysing, observing and connecting with each piece of artwork it allowed me to see how the freshness, originality, purity and symbolism is presented cleverly within each image. I really enjoyed looking through different themes such as, landscape, political, critical issues, portraiture, nature etc. I have discovered a range of approaches I would like to take towards my work which involves the idea of photography and seeing the range of techniques I could use to display my work. It has also allowed me to question myself. Asking myself questions such as,
- What photography techniques would you like to explore further?
- Which direction would you like to take your idea of photography too?
- What types of colour ranges would you like to use within your work?
Here are some images from the exhibition